By: Marisa on September 18, 2014
Summer is practically over (we’re still holding on to the shreds of humidity left, don’t judge us) and that may mean the end for a lot of summer romances. We always love new relationships that start in the summertime; feelings are new and fresh, the possibilities are endless, plus you get to show off your summer dresses for the next three months to your new beau. But then when the fall rolls around, real life resumes and those feelings of love and lust may have turned south real fast.
Love means never having to hang up your Tori Praver Swimwear, if you catch my drift.
But we get it, relationships are hard, and when it’s time to let go, then it is time.
If you do break up, just …..try not to use the whole “we should still be friends” line. It’s bullsh*t and in fact, kind of insulting. Don’t be that girl.
1. First things first, do not break up for the wrong reasons. Don’t break up with your significant other (we’ll use S.O. from now on because my fingers are sleepy) just because you want them to chase after you or because you want attention. This never works the way you need it to, and in fact, if you’re frequently doing this, then there will be ZERO security in your relationship and ZERO trust that you won’t just randomly break up with them one day because you’re feeling vulnerable.
2. Another pretty terrible reason to break up with your S.O. is when there is the possibility of someone else in the picture. Sure, if you’re unhappy in your relationship it’s easy to find someone else, heck ANYONE else more appealing. But if you are breaking up with your long term S.O. because there is “potential” with someone else, don’t do it for this reason alone. Comparatively, if your S.O. isn’t making you happy, then it’s easy to put any other friend that treats you well on a pedestal. But don’t romanticize this person more than your S.O. because it’s not honest and will just create a huge mess.
3. Ask yourself if you’re truly happy? Are you being fulfilled in the key areas of your life with your S.O.? If not….is this something you can work on together? If the answer is no to all of the above, then girl, you know what’s up..
4. Attraction — is it still there? Granted, we’re sure it isn’t like the beginning of the relationship where you couldn’t keep your hands off each other, but are you still attracted to your S.O.? Is the affection still there? Do you still care if they find you attractive? Have you packed up all those beach dresses that your S.O. loved when you wore?
Attraction is a huge component of every relationship, and yes it fluctuates through the years, but if at the end of the day you aren’t attracted any longer to your S.O. then there may be trouble a’brewin.
5. If you think you’re being lied to or cheated on — huge sign, get the heck outta there.
Your intuition really never fails. So if you think something is up, there is a reeeally good chance there is. And nobody should live in that cloud of uncertainty. If you can’t fully trust your S.O. and if you’re constantly sitting in fear or doubt, then find someone who won’t put you through that unnecessary ringer. Life is way to short for that garbage.
6. Even the friendship is gone. One of the coolest parts in being with someone long term is that they become your best friend. You spend so much time together and confide in one another, it’s really hard not to. But when you feel like you’re ONLY friends, or worse, NOT friends at all, then you have a huge issue.
7. The fighting is real. If you guys are fighting constantly, even over the stupidest things, then it’s definitely time for a break. Especially if during your fights there are low blows being unleashed. Nobody should ever hit below the belt metaphorically speaking, because once you say something, it’s impossible to “un-say” it. So, if your S.O. is using personal information to hurt you or insult you….
Ain’t nobody got time for that.
8. You no longer picture a future together. If you can no longer look down the road and see your S.O. as a part of your life romantically, then that’s a huge issue. When you’re in the right relationship, or a happy relationship for that matter, you should be excited about the future with your S.O. It should be a happy thought when you picture your life together, or potentially getting married. If the future you two have planned is slowly getting mentally deleted, then we definitely have a problem.
Always remember, it’s OKAY to take time apart. It’s even more OKAY to be alone. There is nothing wrong with taking time to figure yourself out again and remember what it takes to make you happy. Life is too short to stay in unhealthy or unhappy relationships. Love is hard, but that doesn’t mean you need to give up.
By: Marisa on September 15, 2014
There's a new brand in town taking over the swimwear game. That's right, we said it. There is a brand coming up through the style ranks, starting to turn some heads with the fierce animal print designs and chic fit trends. We're talking about our exclusive line Orchid Label, and since today marks the official day of receiving the first 2015 Orchid Label shipment, we're ready to freak the eff out on why our brand is so damn cool this year. Orchid Label Swimwear is our very own Orchid Boutique brand. With a series of solid styles in luxurious fabrics, trendy silhouettes, and truly affordable pricing., Orchid Label provides a variety of options to mix and match your style - without breaking the bank. Orchid Label swimwear pieces are meant to be used in versatile ways, either together or as separates, and can be combined with resort wear, ... read more!
By: Marisa on September 12, 2014
For some reason, everyone and their mother wants a six pack of abs rippling under their sexy bikini. For real though, my mom would probably kill for a six pack of abdominals. Everyone is busy doing crunches, and breaking their backs thinking that is the only way to achieve sure firm, flat stomachs. Just check out the models from Tavik Swimwear. You can grate cheese on those puppies. In reality though, in regards to your ab workout, you're probably doing it wrong. First things first, you can't get abs without incorporating a diet into the mix. It's a harsh realty, but true. There's no way that you can keep eating pasta and donuts and do fifty crunches a day and think those two things will sync into perfect ab-harmony. So start that diet if you're serious about this whole ab thing. I can give you some great advice of incorporating ... read more!
By: Marisa on September 10, 2014
Need a swimsuit for a small bust? The Orchid Boutique has them! We know how difficult it can be to shop for swimsuits when you have a smaller bust. Going through each rack, picking out different swimsuits that you think will suit you but, just not sure how they will look. The worst thing about it has to be putting all of them back because the fit just didn't work out. No woman is made the same, so she shouldn't have to settle on a swimsuit that doesn't fit properly! Well, we are here to stop you from ever wearing an over-sized swimsuit again! Our selection of swimsuits for small bust lines will be a perfect fit for your chest and help enhance your smaller areas. At The Orchid Boutique, we want all of our beach bombshells to look and feel great in our designer swimwear. That’s why we have cherry-picked our top three designers with swimsuit styles that ... read more!
By: Marisa on September 9, 2014
Have we mentioned that Agua Bendita Swimsuits are some of our absolute favorites in the world? We didn't tell you recently? Well then let's discuss. At first it was more about the swimwear for us, but then we were able to interview the designers and guess what, it made us LOVE Agua Bendita even more. The creators of the company, Catalina Álvarez and Mariana Hinestroza, have been friends since the conception of the brand. Within the span of 7 years, Agua Bendita has gained notoriety amongst magazines and celebrities alike. The exclusivity of the designs and the quality of each piece has allowed the company to maintain consistent exposure in important magazines, runways, and retailers around the globe. Agua Bendita is a brand that will be changing the game and breaking barriers for many years to come. During the last few years, Agua Bendita has been ... read more!
By: Marisa on September 5, 2014
Attention, Attention! September is a HUGE month. No, not just because we're having a huge swimwear sale. We are smack dab in the middle of Miami Spice here in our beautiful home city. No, this doesn't mean we're saturated in a plethora of cilantro (Miami's "spice"), but what it does mean is that it's time to get your hands on some delicious grub. Miami Spice is a kickass restaurant promotion that runs from August 1st to September 30th showcasing the very best of the best in Miami cuisine. Participating restaurants offer a pre-fix three course menu showcasing their best and most innovative dishes. World renowned chefs take part in Miami Spice to show off their unique talents in the kitchen. The best part about this is that this fixed menu is dirt cheap. We're talkin' $23 for lunch and $39 for dinner per person. Can you imagine getting a three course ... read more!